Voting for the first time
To register to vote in Adams County, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of the next election;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have resided in Colorado 22 days immediately before the election at which you intend to vote; and
- Not be serving a sentence of confinement, detention, or parole for a felony conviction
If you’ve never voted in the State of Colorado, you can register online with a Colorado driver’s license or other state ID card. If you do not have a Colorado ID, print and complete this registration form and return it to the Adams County Elections Department. Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed or delivered to: Adams County Elections Department, 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., 1st Floor, Suite E3201, Brighton, CO 80601-8207.
You can also register at your nearest Anythink library – forms and envelopes are available – and at a Colorado driver license office.
You can also use dedicated voter registration kiosks now available at Anythink Brighton, Anythink Huron Street and Anythink Wright Farms to quickly register with your Colorado ID or update your registration – provided as part of a partnership with Adams County Elections.
Update your info
Visitgovotecolorado.com to quickly update your voter registration or check to see if you’re registered.
Colorado makes voting easy. All registered voters will automatically receive a ballot in the mail. Once you’ve completed your ballot, you can:
- Mail it back with $0.71 paid postage (two Forever stamps)
- Drop it off at a 24-hour drop box site
- Vote in-person at Anythink Brighton, Anythink Wright Farms or any other Adams County polling center
Elections aren’t just every four years. Make your voice heard on the local and state-wide level by voting in every election.
- Local elections – also known as coordinated or municipal elections – occur in odd-numbered years. The next coordinated election will take place in 2019.
- Colorado gubernatorial (governor) elections occur every four years. The next gubernatorial election will take place in 2022.
- Presidential elections occur every four years. The next presidential election will take place in 2020.
- Special elections can occur in any year.