The goats are back at Anythink Libraries
In the coming weeks, community members of all ages are invited to visit their local Anythink to meet friendly goats from Caramel Apple Farm. As an experience library, Anythink continues to find new and exciting learning opportunities for its customers. The goats provide a chance for kids to meet a farm animal, ask questions and learn more about these creatures – what they eat, their behavior and how they interact with humans.
In 2013, Anythink brought 300 goats to its Anythink Wright Farms location as an earth-friendly method of mowing overgrown weeds and native grasses on the property. The goats, which successfully ate all of the unwanted vegetation, drew attention and excitement from Anythink customers of all ages. The goats were so popular that Anythink has tried to bring goats back each year in some capacity.
This year, a smaller number of goats will make an appearance at each Anythink location. Customers are encouraged to visit with adult and baby goats, and learn more about these animals with representatives from Caramel Apple Farm. A special goat Snapchat filter will also be available at each event for attendees looking to snap goat pictures to share with friends.
Goats at Anythink:
- Monday, June 12, 9:30 am-2 pm – Anythink Huron Street
- Wednesday, June 14, 9:30 am-2 pm – Anythink Wright Farms
- Friday, June 16, 9:30 am-2 pm – Anythink York Street
- Monday, June 19, 9:30 am-2 pm – Anythink Brighton
- Wednesday, June 21, 10 am-2:30 pm – Anythink Bennett
- Thursday, June 22, 11 am-2:30 pm – Anythink Perl Mack
- Friday, June 23, 9:30 am-2 pm – Anythink Commerce City