Better Arguments: Tech Boom Tensions
Registration for this event is currently full. Please email Seth.Henderson@aspeninstitute.org for inquiries.
PLEASE NOTE: The timing of this event has changed. Doors open at 8 am; opening remarks from Governor Polis begin at 8:30 am.
Denver's tech industry is booming, but is it benefitting everyone? Whether you believe that this new economic growth is ideal for our community or you're concerned that it's contributing to ripple effects like housing displacement and inequity, you're invited to take a seat at the table for Better Arguments: Tech Boom Tensions.
Presented by Anythink, the Aspen Institute, Allstate, and Facing History and Ourselves, Better Arguments: Tech Boom Tensions is a gathering designed to help bridge ideological divides – not by papering over those divides but by teaching Americans how to have better arguments. This convening of a wide range of Denver-area residents will discuss opportunities and challenges related to the tech boom. Attendess will have the opportunity to engage each other in healthy dialogue to address tensions related to the tech boom in a rapidly changing region. The morning program will include remarks by local and national leaders, facilitated conversations and interactive training, as well as invitations to participate in follow-up sessions.
Attendees are encouraged to pitch action ideas – selected participants will receive seed funding for their ideas from the Better Arguments Project.
Featured speakers include:
- Governor Jared Polis, Governor of Colorado
- Sam Bailey, Vice President of Economic Development at the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Roger Brooks, President & CEO of Facing History and Ourselves
- Dr. Lisa Calderón, Professor at Regis University
- Tamara Chuang, Journalist at The Colorado Sun
- Danielle Lammon, Allstate Agency Owner
- Eric Liu, Executive Director of the Citizenship & American Identity Program at the Aspen Institute
- Pam Sandlian Smith, Director of Anythink Libraries
This is the second event of its kind as part of a national project. Refreshments and lunch will be provided. Learn more and register at http://bit.ly/arguebetter.