To ensure a safe, comfortable environment for all people to use the Library, the following behaviors are not acceptable:
- Bare feet or lack of upper-body covering
- Disruptive or unsafe behavior such as loud talking, loud audio equipment, use of profanity, running, throwing things, hitting, pushing or shoving
- Leaving vulnerable children unsupervised in the Library
- Animals, except assistance dogs or animals which are part of a library sponsored activity
- Bicycles, scooters, skates or shopping carts
- Obstructing passageways/blocking access to the library or any part of the library
- Threats or harassment of another person, including following a person, threatening, taunting or inflicting physical or verbal abuse
- Stealing, damaging, altering or attempting to alter, any property of the library
- Viewing, in plain sight, materials which are inappropriate for the surroundings, including potential passersby
- Excessive displays of public affection
- Poor personal hygiene that is offensive or constitutes a nuisance to others
- Lying down or sleeping in the library
- Smoking, chewing tobacco or using other tobacco products
- Consuming alcoholic beverages or possessing or consuming illegal drugs on Library property.
- Indecent exposure/public indecency
- Soliciting or panhandling
- Washing clothes or bathing on library property
- Possession of any weapon excepting concealed weapons carried pursuant to a valid concealed weapons permit recognized by the State of Colorado.
Customers who will not respect this request may be asked to leave the library, have library privileges suspended, or be subject to legal action. Those refusing to leave will be subject to arrest under trespass laws of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
To view Anythink's Suspension of Library Privileges Notification and Appeal Process, click here.