Anythink will discontinue its Lynda.com subscription in 2020
Beginning Dec. 30, 2019, Anythink will discontinue its subscription to Lynda.com, one of the library’s many popular online learning resources. We encourage all customers to complete their Lynda.com courses before this date.
Earlier this year, Lynda.com was acquired by the professional networking site LinkedIn. With this acquisition, Lynda.com plans to make substantial changes to its terms of service that raise significant privacy concerns. This includes requiring Lynda.com users to create a LinkedIn account, which defaults as a searchable, public-facing profile. Libraries everywhere believe in the right to privacy and confidentiality, maintaining that the public has a right to use library resources without disclosing personally identifiable information to third parties.
Anythink is currently looking into a robust alternative to Lynda.com to offer in 2020. In the meantime, we invite our customers to explore our other online learning resources, including:
- The Great Courses – Take courses on a myriad of subjects – including business leadership, professional development, astronomy, engineering, history and much more – taught by award-winning experts and professors.
- Rosetta Stone – Explore 30 different languages with Rosetta Stone’s interactive and immersive learning platform.
- Creativebug – Get unlimited access to more than 1,000 arts and craft classes.
- LearningExpress Library – Take comprehensive, interactive practice exams for academic, civil service, military, and professional licensing and certification exams.
- Universal Class – Discover online courses in more than 500 areas of study from algebra to yoga. Qualifying courses offer continuing education units (CEUs).