Learning and entertainment resources accessible from home
Whether you're looking for educational opportunities or just want an entertainment escape, we've got you covered. Explore this list of free resources available from anywhere. Stay tuned – we'll continue to update this list in the coming days and weeks.
Safe and social
Learn a new creative skill or experience the artistry from across the globe.
- Bubbler in Your Bubble – Learn, share, and create outside the box (while inside your house) with some of these stellar resources provided by our friends at The Bubbler at Madison Public Library.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems – Daily drawing tutorials from a renowned illustrator.
- Creativebug – Gain unlimited access to more than 1,000 online art and craft classes. (Anythink card required)
- Coloring Squared – Combine math and art with printable coloring sheets.
- The Met – Live opera streamings from the comfort of home.
- Museum Coloring Sheets – Color the collections of many museums with a coloring page for every age.
- Seattle Symphony Performances – Invite an entire orchestra into your home.
- Virtual Museum Tours – Explore the collections of some of the world's most prestigious museums.
- ThinkWritten Writing Prompts – No writer's block here. Get a writing prompt for every day of the year.
Want to learn to code your own game or practice a new language? These online educational resources can help you and your family learn new skills while social distancing.
- Tutor.com – Get the help you need. Tutor.com provides online tutoring, homework help, and test preparation with powerful resources designed to meet the individual needs of all learners.
- Gale Presents: Udemy – Take more than 3,500 online courses with world-class instructors, specializing in business, tech, and personal and professional development. (Anythink card required.)
- The Great Courses – Take remote courses in a variety of subjects taught by award-winning professors. (Anythink card required.)
- Code.org – Learn computer science. Change the world.
- Girls Who Code – Weekly at-home coding challenges for kids.
- Rosetta Stone – Interactive tutorials for learning a variety of languages. (Anythink card required.)
- Scholastic Remote Learning – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Explora Primary Schools and Explora Public Libraries – Articles, research and more for school projects and papers. (Anythink card required.)
- Scratch Coding – Learn to code while creating stories, games and animations.
- Universal Class – More than 500 online courses in everything from algebra to yoga. Qualifying courses offer continuing education units (CEUs). (Anythink card required.)
- Virtual Playground for Your Mind – Just like the title says, provided by the Children's Museum of Houston.
- STEM Activity Clearinghouse – High-quality, vetted STEM activities for kids, provided by STARnet.
Check in on local wildlife or explore the world's curiosities.
- Storyline Online – The world's best storytellers inspire a love of reading in children.
- Hoopla Digital – A wide range of videos, ebooks, audiobooks and music available for instant streaming. (Anythink card required.)
- OverDrive – Download ebooks and audiobooks in all genres. (Anythink card required.)
- Acorn TV – The best in British television. (Anythink card required.)
- Kanopy – Watch high-quality and award-winning films and documentaries from around the world. (Anythink card required.)
- Atlas Obscura – The definitive guide to the world's hidden wonders.
- Authors Everywhere – A YouTube channel where authors provide workshops, readings, activities, art projects, writing games, writing advice and more.
- Explore.org – The world's leading philanthropic live nature cam network and documentary film channel.
- Stingray Qello – Watch the world's largest collection of on-demand full-length performances, concert films, and music documentaries. (Anythink card required.)
- Saved You a Spot: A list of 20 screen-free activities for kids.
- Mac Barnett's Daily Story – Follow Mac Barnett's Instagram page for daily children's stories.
- Museums for Kids and Families – A roundup of apps, games and websites for exploring museums.
- Westminster Bald Eagle Nest – Keep tabs on what local eagles are up to.
- RBdigital – Digitally turn the pages of your favorite magazines. (Anythink card required.)
- Flipster – Popular magazines you know and love, as well as niche titles, academic publications, children’s resources, comics and coloring books.