Mobile learning: Lynda.com on-the-go with your Anythink card
By now, you may know about one of Anythink's most amazing resources: Lynda.com, a leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Lynda.com is a vast collection of engaging video lessons taught by industry experts on techy topics such as photography, web design, programming, CAD, office software, elearning, and much more. However, with so much available to learn, it can be hard to find the time to sit down at a computer and take it all in.
Did you know that you can download the Lynda.com app and use your Anythink account to take Lynda.com videos along with you wherever you go?
Now you can learn with Lynda.com wherever you are: waiting for a prescription, on the bus, or any place where have a few moments to learn something new. What would be idle moments could now become your first steps toward a new career in social media marketing, coding, digital video production, or another cutting edge job in information technology, one of the fastest growing career fields according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Visit your app store to download and install the Lynda.com app on your mobile device (Android | iOS)
- Open the app and tap "Already a Member?"
- Tap the "Organization" tab at the top right
- Scroll down to the "Web Portal" section
- Enter "anythinklibraries.org"
- Tap "Log in"
- Now, log in as you normally would with your library account. Enter your library card number and password. (This is assuming you have set up a Lynda.com profile previously. If not, follow the on-screen instructions on creating a profile to set a password for your Lynda.com library card account.)
- Click "Log in"
You should now be able to access your Lynda videos and personal playlists from your mobile device.