Artist in Residence job description
Title: Anythink Artist in Residence
Stipend: $50-$100 per session, depending on experience
You love sharing your passion for technology, social media, pop culture and life through modeling, inspiring and sharing hands-on experiences with teens. You are comfortable hanging out and can produce meaningful experiences and environments from idle play. You are excited about the opportunity to engage with young people as they learn, grow and transform while building aportfolio of service hours and giving back to your local community.
Ready to join us for a bold and innovative volunteer opportunity to help take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
- You are tech savvy and are comfortable teaching others.
- You enjoy working with tweens and teens.
- You are a good listener with lots of patience.
- You are a 21st century learner and believe some of the best learning happens outside of the classroom; you are passionate about lifelong learning.
- You love a challenge.
- You spark curiosity and you inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You understand the development and social needs of teens/tweens and enjoy connecting them with information, technology, and experiences.
- You understand the importance of learning through play and can successfully balance the two to provide structure when needed.
- You can intuitively identify people’s interests and connect them with the tools to help achieve their passions and goals.
- You believe in empowering teens to take ownership of The Studio space and help staff identify creative ways to make that happen.
- You are excited about helping people explore their own creativity using technology.
- You have a sense of humor and are thoughtful about what’s appropriate for specific age groups.
- You are a dynamic team member, providing input on a cutting-edge library space.
- You enjoy learning from those around you and inspire others to embrace lifelong learning.
- You are an advocate for Anythink and The Studio, sharing your experiences with friends and colleagues out in the community.Do you have what it takes?
- You have experience working with the tech tools available in The Studio.
- You are established in your field, as indicated by an up-to-date portfolio.
- You have experience working with students grades 5-12.
- You are able to commit at least two hours per week for four weeks.
We are guided by these shared values:
- Community improvement
- Pride in service
- Anythink spirit
- Optimistic attitude – We believe that anything is possible
Your tasks will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull/lift up to 25 pounds.
The Artist in Residence is not an employee of Anythink and is not eligible for any benefits or compensation other than the agreed upon stipend. If a partnership is deemed a good match for the organization, an MOU is developed listing responsibilities of both parties, program content, dates of programs and beginning/ending dates. Anythink and the Artist in Residence reserve the right to terminate the partnership at any time if mutual goals are not compatible.