New in town? Or perhaps you have a new next-door neighbor? We have resources to help make Adams County your new home.
First things first: Update your mailing address online at moversguide.usps.com or set up a new P.O. Box by visiting one of 17 local post offices.
Need a new ID? All types of motor vehicle transactions are available at the following DMV locations:
• Brighton Motor Vehicle, 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Brighton
• Aurora Motor Vehicle, 3449 N. Chambers Rd., Aurora
• Bennett Motor Vehicle, 355 Fourth St., Bennett
• Commerce City Motor Vehicle, 4201 E. 72nd Ave., Commerce City
• North Pecos Motor Vehicle, 12200 Pecos St., Westminster
• Westminster Motor Vehicle, 8452 Federal Blvd., Westminster
Pro tip: You can also register to vote when obtaining your new license. For more information on voting in Adams County, click here.
The Adams County Workforce and Business Center helps connect people with employers in the county. Register as a job seeker and upload your resume at connectingcolorado.com. Free workshops are also available to help with computer-skill training, job searching, resume writing and interviewing. Learn more and find out about upcoming hiring events at co.adams.co.us.
• Stroll historic downtown Brighton for restaurants, bars, boutiques and more
• Live improv comedy at Madcap Theater in Westminster
• Old-school movie night at the 88 Drive In Theatre in Commerce City
• Check out a telescope from Anythink Wright Farms for backyard stargazing
Every November, the Adams County Sheriff’s Office hosts Operation Freebird, an opportunity to help families in need around the holidays. The event, supported entirely by sponsors and donations, is an opportunity to help your community and connect with resources. Visit operationfreebird.com for more information or to get involved.
Carpenter Park has it all: a pool, a skatepark, and even a carousel. Whether you want to shoot some hoops or cool down on the sprayground, there’s no shortage of activities for the whole family to enjoy. Carpenter Park is located at 3498 E. 112th Ave. in Thornton.
Learn more about agriculture and pick your own fruit at Berry Patch Farms. This 40-acre, USDA-certified organic farm offers several workshops and special activities for a variety of age ranges. Berry Patch Farms is located at 13785 Potomac St. in Brighton.
Commerce City is home to the state’s largest Memorial Day parade, with more than 100 float entries. Honor veterans and gather the family for food, music, military units, antique cars, horses and more along a 1.5-mile parade route.
Whether you’re looking to stay in shape, fly down the waterslide or find a general interest club, check out out these great recreation centers:
• Brighton Oasis Family Water Park, 1852 E. Bromley Lane, Brighton
• Carpenter Recreation Center, 112th Ave. and Colorado Blvd., Thornton
• Brighton Recreation Center, 555 N. 11th Ave., Brighton
• Paradice Island Pool at Pioneer Park, 5951 Monaco St., Commerce City
• Bennett Recreation Center, 455 S. 1st St., Bennett
• Northglenn Recreation Center, 11801 Community Center Dr., Northglenn
Grab Fido and head to one of these great area dog parks:
• Happy Tails Dog Park, 1111 Judicial Center Pkwy., Brighton
• First Creek Dog Park, 10100 Havana St., Commerce City
• Trail Winds Dog Park, 13385 Holly St., Thornton
Keep your eyes peeled for surprising works of public art, including:
• “Celebration” by Don Mitchell, 108th Ave. and Colorado Blvd., Thornton
• “The Wish” by Helen Hiebert, Anythink Huron Street, 9417 Huron St., Thornton
• “The Sandpaper Track” by Kathy Wardle, 300 Strong St., Brighton
• “Life on the Eastern Plains” by Deidre Adams, Anythink Bennett, 495 7th St., Bennett
It’s Colorado – get outside! Here are some of our favorite places to explore.
Barr Lake State Park, 13401 Picadilly Rd., Brighton
Home to more than 350 species of birds, in addition to hiking, boating and fishing activities.
Rocky Mountain Arsenal, 6550 Gateway Rd., Commerce City
More than 10 miles of trails will take you through one of the largest urban refuges in the country.
Explore the county on two wheels along the Clear Creek, Little Dry Creek, Niver Canal and South Platte bicycle trails.
Send your questions or feedback to email@example.com or post in the comments below.